City Quest Participants,
Thank you for registering for City Quest Tampa, taking place this Saturday, 10/3 at Ferg’s Live in downtown Tampa. We have worked tirelessly to assure that you will have an amazing time and we are expecting over 100 teams to compete in City Quest on Saturday. Please continue to share our event with your friends and family! Below you will find relevant information for the race. If you have additional questions please feel free to reach out to me directly.
- Ferg’s Live has parking on site and it is marked with signs. There are also multiple garages and other public parking facilities within a short walking distance. Please read our blog about parking here.
Race Check and Kick Off
- Race check in will begin at 10 am. We ask that you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the kick off to allow plenty of time to get you checked in, get your shirt, and be ready for the kick off. The actual race will begin promptly at 11:30 am.
- Award for best costume ($50) will be awarded prior to the race and by audience participation.
- Challenge stations will close down at 2:30pm. If you haven’t completed them all at that time we ask that you navigate back to Ferg’s for the after party and winner announcement.
- This race is rain or shine, but the weather looks beautiful this Saturday with a high of 81!
- Please read the basic rules on our blog here.
- To understand what our clues are like check out this blog.
- There is a 10 minute limit per challenge but do not anticipate anyone going beyond that. If you skip a challenge all together you will be assessed a 20 minute penalty.
- There are 3 challenges you can skip when you get there if you pay a $5 donation to the non-profit who benefits from that challenge. You still have to go to the location to donate and get your stamp.
- The actual distance of the race will be determined by your ability to map an efficient route. The shortest possible distance is about 3.5 miles.
- There will be challenges where we have water available to our competitors, however, we do encourage you to stay hydrated throughout the race on your own.
After Party and Awards
- We encourage everyone to come enjoy the after party at Ferg’s where they will have food and drink specials. There will be a DJ during the event and plenty of tailgate games to keep you busy so please come and have fun!
- Awards are $50 for best costume (prior to race), $500 for 1st place team entry, and $250 for 1st place family entry.
If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me directly! Thank you for your support of our inaugural event and we look forward to meeting everyone on Saturday!
City Quest Races, LLC