The event starts with teams receiving a clue sheet detailing a variety of physical and intellectual challenges! Located throughout the city, these challenges will test mind, body, and spirit. To conquer this urban adventure race, teams will run, walk, and use public transit to navigate their way throughout city, while calling family and friends for help, accessing the Internet, and even employing assistance of total strangers. The first team to complete the City Quest challenges and cross the finish line wins!
- Teams are comprised of two members per team. There are two divisions: Adult and Family, a Family Team must have a child age 14 or under.
- Teams may travel by foot or public transit, which includes buses, trains, subways, and public trolleys. No taxis, bikes, skateboards, or roller blades are allowed.
- Teams are allowed to solve clues in any order they choose. Some teams solve all clues and map out a route before leaving the start line, while others prefer to solve clues en route.
- Teams are allowed to use friends or family to help solve clues.
- Teams will need a digital camera or phone with camera ability in case a clue involves pictures.
- The clock begins once the clue are distributed and times are recorded as teams cross the finish line.
- Penalties are given to teams who do not complete a challenge. Teams will receive a 20-minute penalty that will be added to their final time for each incomplete challenge.
- Winners of the team division will receive $500, family division $250.